Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas!
Dear blogosphere and AR-community,
since my company spend all its money on a great and splendid Christmas party for all of us, there was unfortunately no money left over to buy a proper Christmas tree for the office. Anyway, it would be a shame to slay down a beautiful tree just for a few days of cosiness during office hours. Thus, our research team put up an augmented tree to fill the void. Turn on your favorite carols and enjoy the snow! Of course with actually-working glass balls.
Besides, I’ll make it quick on updates, since the season is forcing me to pack my bags and the real presents.
- metaio joins in for a nice Santa’s skiiing game! Take a shot!
- Cosmin Ghiurau posted a longer entry on the snow flake-catch-with-your-tongue AR game Rosetta. It’s a neat idea, but with my tiny camera detection was a bit flawed.
- Thomas writes a list on the 10 worst AR demos of 2009.
- While Rouli continues his great list of 2010 predictions and guest postings by the AR community, as mentioned before. Issue #8 is featuring me, by the way. :-)
- Augmented Planet reveals their results on the Best Augmented Reality Applications of 2009. Go and take a look!
Hope you enjoyed 2009 and all the AR news and blog posts as much as I did. If nothing too crazy drops into the sphere between the years, expect me to be back on January, 4th!
All the best,