First AR Developer’s Camp in December
The first AR Developer’s Camp (AR DevCamp) will be held in California next weekend. The organizing committee for the gathering put up a website under www.ardevcamp.org and I will just quote the bullet points for your convenience:
The first Augmented Reality Development Camp (AR DevCamp) will be held in the SF Bay Area December 5, 2009.
After nearly 20 years in the research labs, Augmented Reality is taking shape as one of the next major waves of Internet innovation, overlaying and infusing the physical world with digital media, information and experiences. We believe AR must be fundamentally open, interoperable, extensible, and accessible to all, so that it can create the kinds of opportunities for expressiveness, communication, business and social good that we enjoy on the web and Internet today. As one step toward this goal of an Open AR web, we are organizing AR DevCamp 1.0, a full day of technical sessions and hacking opportunities in an open format, unconference style.
AR DevCamp: a gathering of the mobile AR, 3D graphics and geospatial web tribes; an unconference:
- Timing: December 5th, 2009
- Location: Hacker Dojo in Mountain View, CA
- Sponsorship: Current Sponsors WE’RE LOOKING TO HAVE A GREAT EVENT AND THAT DOES REQUIRE SOME HELP,contributions will cover basic costs of food/drink etc.
- Registration and Attendance: AR DevCamp interest list (and sketching ideas for other events elsewhere!)
- Meta: @ardevcamp #ardevcamp
Be there and be square! (Just kiddin.) :-)